Data Controller: Tutkimustie Oy (Y 2010879-9), Naulakatu 3, 33100 Tampere, tel. +358 3 212 6266 and email info(at)tutkimustie.fi.
Data Protection Officer: Miia Moisio, Tutkimustie Oy, email@example.com.
Processing of personal data
We store personal data only for a legitimate reason. The use of the Services is voluntary, and the personal data is processed only for the purposes presented.
The data is processed by persons providing the service and maintaining the content of the service at Tutkimustie Oy and by our subcontractors, with whom Tutkimustie Oy has agreed on the processing of personal data in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights:
1. The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.
2. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
3. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
4. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
5. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Tutkimustie Oy relied on your consent to process your personal information.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, contact details can be found at tietosuoja.fi.
What information we collect and why
Our register contains the following information:
- information on the controller's customers, customer representatives and contact persons,
- information about potential customers,
- information on job seekers and
- information on other stakeholders, as well as
- information about website visitors.
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- marketing, implementation and development of products and services,
- customer contact, invoicing and customer service management,
- the exercise of the rights and obligations of the customer and the controller,
- marketing based on website behaviour online and social media, as well as
- processing of job applications and communication related to recruitment.
The information stored in our register may include your name, email address, telephone number, company and position, address, customer relationship and order information. The information stored of job seekers may include name, contact information, additional information provided by the job seeker, recruitment-related communications with the job seeker and our employees' assessments. If you send an email to our customer service or chat with us via chat, we may retain the messages.
Personal data is obtained from the following data sources:
- from the data subject to manage the customer relationship,
- from the data subject himself/herself when applying for a job,
- from the data subject as part of another working relationship,
- from a representative of another entity in a customer, cooperation or other contractual relationship with the controller
- publicly available sources, such as the Internet and the Trade Register.
In addition, we may obtain personal data from text files, audio or video files or other file formats. This information is subject to the same principles of protection and processing of personal data as other personal data.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data include consent, a contract, the controller's legal obligations and the legitimate interest of the controller. On our website you can register for services by providing your personal data and you can contact us using the contact form. The information stored in the register is received directly from you via messages sent on forms, by email, telephone, social media services, contracts, customer meetings and other situations in which you disclose your information to us.
We process and store personal data only for as long as it is necessary for the purpose of the personal data described above. We retain the information for as long as there is consent or legal basis for it. We regularly delete personal data that is no longer needed.
Who has access to your data
Personal data is processed only by the employees and sub-processors of Tutkimustie Oy, who need to process the data in order to carry out operations and services. We only use sub-processors that we have drawn up an agreement on how they process the data on our behalf. We also ensure that they process the data securely and that their privacy practices comply with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation.
In the implementation of the services, we use the following reliable service providers,
who may process or store personal data on our behalf:
- MMD Networks Oy: Hosting Services. Location: EU. GDPR: https://mmd.net/gdpr-liite-yleisiin-sopimusehtoihin/
- Microsoft Business Services. Location: EU.
- The freelance employees of Tutkimustie Oy. Data processing location: EU.
We do not disclose any personal data to third parties, except for legal requests from public authorities or if required by mandatory legislation.
Protecting your data
The security of your data is important to us. We ensure that all data is treated as confidential and only by the employees who work with your data. We review and evaluate our privacy policies and systems on a regular basis.
Transfer of data
We do not transfer personal data outside the European Union or the European Economic Area.
Cookies can be disabled at any time by changing your browser's privacy settings. It is possible to delete the collected cookies. However, disabling cookies may affect the functionality of the website and your user experience.
When logging in to OmaTutkimustie via SAML (HAKA), the following personal data might be requested from the identity provider you use: unique identifiers to verify user’s account, name and email address.
Information collected from the website for marketing purposes
We use Google Ads and Google Tag Manager to advertise and gein understanding of ad results. The data is collected using cookies, but the data is not processed or stored in such a way that the use of an individual user can be monitored. We only use Google's tools on our public website, never in our secure online services.